*ding! ding! ding!*
The little notification bell is ringing.
But this time, it’s not just a like,
comment, or follow.
You’ve reached a milestone!!!
Now it’s time to celebrate.
Do you need some ideas?
That’s what we’re here for!
Hey there!! Welcome back to Living the Blogging Life, the blog help website where we aspire to help YOU enjoy blogging to the fullest. We’re so glad you’re here! There’s a whole team of writers on LTBL (you can get to know us better here!), but this specific post was written by me – Maggie! Let’s check out today’s topic.
Blogging is a really fun hobby, and celebrating milestones can be exciting and awesome! It could be a follower milestone (i.e. reaching that first 100 – like Living the Blogging Life recently has!) or a like milestone.
Whatever you’ve accomplished on your blog through time, effort, and the help of others is something you can celebrate!
It’s not required, of course, but celebrating is a fun way to involve your audience, share some upbeat content, and reflect on how far you’ve come!
Not quite sure what a blog accomplishment looks like? Here’s a bullet point list with some examples!:
- followers (10, 25, 50, 100, 200, etc.!)
- likes (25, 50, 500, and more)
- views (100, 250, 500, etc.)
- your blogiversary (“blog anniversary,” which marks your blog being around for 1, 2, 3, and so on years, and you can also write about your experience blogging for one month, six months, etc.!)
- the completion/duration of a post series (i.e. have you been sharing one type of post every Friday for four months? that’s some awesome consistency right there!)
- a theme/design makeover (if you’ve been trying for a while to customize your blog’s look and you’ve just completed a design you’re really happy with, you can celebrate it!)
- reaching personal blog goals (i.e. collaborating with a certain amount of bloggers, developing a weekly posting schedule and sticking to it, etc.)
Now it’s time to think about fun ways to celebrate these cool milestones! Let’s get started!
Fun Ways to Celebrate
#1: blog party
Bloggers love interacting with new people and being part of a virtual celebration! If you’ve never hosted a blog party before, here’s a straightforward way to go about doing it:
- write a short post letting your followers know when the party’s going to start! Include the date and time (make sure to specify the time zone since bloggers live in different parts of the world) and share how long the party will be open
- share the blog party post
- encourage discussion in the comments of your blog party by providing an objective (i.e. introduce yourself, tell us what your blog’s about, and share your best blogging tip!)
- respond to comments and get to know the people who came to your party better!
- make sure to check your spam folder for comments that accidentally end up there
- when the party’s over, you can close comments on the post and update the title with the word ‘closed’
#2: a gift/helpful post for your readers
Is there a post your followers would really benefit from reading? This would be an awesome time to do it! You can do a post that helps your audience get to know you better (i.e. room tour, day in your life, what you’ve learned, etc.), a fun game/activity for them to do in the comments (i.e. would you rather, this or that, etc.), or something else that you and your readers would find special!
This is really fun, although one thing you have to think about is where the majority of your readers live. If most of your followers probably won’t be able to participate, what you can do is a digital giveaway! Here are some ideas:
- one of your readers wins a guest post spot on your blog
- one reader (or more!) wins getting to have their blog button/s in your sidebar for a certain amount of time
- the winner/s get a gift from you (i.e. a custom post, special blog graphic, etc.)
#4: a question and answer session
I’ve gotten to know different bloggers so much better when they’ve hosted a q&a session on your blog! All you have to do is: write a quick post asking for readers to send you questions (in the comments or the Contact form), then you can answer the questions in your next post or in a series if you get lots of questions.
#5: a blog tour!
This is a very fun way to celebrate blogging! This concept can take a bit to understand, but once you do it’s pretty awesome. A blog tour is what a blogger does when they collaborate with other bloggers and do guest posts on their friends’ blogs over a week or so. It takes creativity, coordination, and communicating with your blog friends, but it’s SO worth it!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and maybe thought of some ways to celebrate on your blog. Congratulations on all your blogging accomplishments! Whether you’ve been blogging for ten minutes or ten years, there are big and small goals you’re reaching every day that are worth recognition.
How do YOU celebrate your blogging milestones? Have you used any of these ideas? We’d love to hear from you!
On Living the Blogging Life, we love encouraging you to…
Maggie @ maggie’s doodles is a 20 year old girl who loves to sing, laugh, dance, and blog. She’s been blogging since 2010 and enjoys sharing what she’s learned with others!