Let’s get into it!
- A nice theme.
When I first visit a blog, I look at the design and THEN move on to the content. So you need to have a nice theme, to make your blog look good, and to attract readers too!
some of my favourite themes:
- Scratch pad
- Button 2
- Libre 2
- Pen Scratch 2
2. About page
Your blog should have an about page, so whenever you get a new visitor they can know more about you! My about page. Things you can add in your about page:
- Your name
- where you’re from
- your hobbies
- what you like reading, writing, listening to: etc.
- Why you started blogging
- A picture of yourself/ your bitmoji/ your gravatar.
- and a good message
Adding widgets in your sidebar/ footer like archives, top posts and pages, recent posts, tags, categories, calendars etc . This way, even if someone misses out on your posts, they can click on any of these widgets and find them!
You can also insert sidebar graphics, if you don’t know how to make them, you can header over and place an order @LTBL DESIGN TEAM
4. Chat page/ contact page.
Having a chat page for everyone to talk is a great way to make new friends and interact with your readers! (I don’t have one though XD) It’s a place where ANYONE can leave a message and well.. meet new people!
You can start a chat page if you don’t want to share your email through a contact form
Tip; Have a seperate email for blogging, it’ll be way easier , organized and safe
5. Logo/ blog button.
I wouldn’t say that this is a must-have, but it’s always fun to swap blog buttons
If you don’t know how a blog button/ swap thingy works,
- A blog button is basically a logo.
- You create a new page titled “blog buttons” or maybe “Blog friends” or something like that and display your button and say “this is my button, comment down if you’d like to swap with me”
- if I want to swap with you, you go to my blog buttons page copy and paste my button in your page, then link it to my blog. That way, others can visit my blog
- when a blogger visits a blog and finds your button on that blog’s page, they may click on it, visit your blog and follow you!
- SO a blog button in conclusion is one of the many ways to grow your blog :))
How do I make a blog button?
Blog buttons are actually SO easy to make! I made mine with Canva Madeline made a tutorial on how to create one here!
6. Tagline and a site address.
Think of a REALLY good tagline that kind of describes what your blog is about. (and the blog name too XD) for example, my main blog’s tagline is: Lifestyle,ramblings and more
And the site address, of course you could have a site address with your name on it, like mine which is: evinsblog.wordpress.com. or, you could have it as your blog name like so: acurlysuesramblings.wordpress.com. That is WAY too long, so I just have one with my name! Even if I change my blog’s name, I don’t have to change my site address
7. Email list / social icons.
I don’t know why I’m adding this because I have neither of these ones. I. don’t know much about social icons, but I do know that they can help to grow your blog. Email lists are SO FUN!! I’m subscribed to lots of email lists I tried to make one and then…….MEH. you can start an email list with MailChimp, ConverKit and some other websites too! Do you have an email list?
Those are the must-haves of a blog! the last one isn’t a must-have, but it helps you to grow your blog.
Thanks for reading!
until next time,