Oh boy! Blogmas starts tomorrow,
let’s get into this 😂
Hi fellow bloggers! It is I, Maggie from Maggie’s Doodles. Today here on Living the Blogging Life, we’re finishing our Week Before Blogmas Series and starting #ALTBLChristmas tomorrow! 😍🎄
I hope you guys are enjoying the festive, helpful, and creative content we’ve been featuring! I’m continuing that today with some Last Minute Blogmas Planning ideas and suggestions. This is a great post for anyone doing Blogmas, or even considering it!
Today is our last chance to finalize our plans, organize our thoughts, etc before it all begins tomorrow 😂 Let’s do this!
By the way, D wrote a post explaining what Blogmas is! It’s a helpful one to read if you’re new to all this.
Now that you’re all caught up, let’s get to the last minute tips!
🎄 Last Minute
Blogmas Planning 🎄
5 Blogmas Post Idea Lists:
- Christmas & Blogmas Post Ideas For Every Niche!
- 70 Winter Blog Post Ideas For Blogmas
- 50 Blogmas Post Ideas
- 29 Blogmas Post Ideas to Save Your Day
- Ultimate List of Christmas Blogging Ideas
How to Create Blogmas Posts Quickly:
- ❤ Create one festive featured image you love and use it for all your posts! This will make adding tags, the featured image, dividers, all the formatting and technical stuff faster! Which gives you time to focus on your Blogmas content 🥰
- 💚 Make a reusable block for your Blogmas intro, outro, etc! Evin wrote a post on how to make reusasble blocks here. This will save you so much time!
- ❤ Bulk plan/write! For example, make all the Blogmas drafts you’re going to publish in December. Come up with several titles in one sitting. Add your signature, intro, outro, tags, etc to the drafts in one go. Find ways to do one type of formatting/writing so that you don’t have to do them one at a time later! That can slow down your writing inspiration and gets boring. So definitely find ways that allow you to focus on your Blogmas content!
How to Decorate Your Blog for Christmas:
- 💚 Check out Christmas elements on Canva! Canva is a free digital design service. When you create a design and search ‘Christmas’ under Elements, there are different free options you can use!
- ❤ Browse free Christmas stock photos on photo websites! My favorites are Pixabay, Pexels, and Unsplash. All the pics you find there are free to use!
- 💚 Customize your color scheme! Under ‘Customize’ on the WP Dash, you can update your Headings and Links colors to be more festive and cheery! This would also be a great time to make a Christmas header, add Christmas elements to your sidebar, etc. Decorate to your heart’s content!
How to Brainstorm More Blogmas Content:
- ❤ Check out the blogosphere! See how others are celebrating Christmas on their blogs, see if you can collaborate with someone if you’d like, and please always remember to give credit where it’s due.
- 💚 If you’ve done Blogmas before, look back at your posts! You could do a ‘2021 edition’ of posts you wrote last year or the year before, or a Part 2 for a single post you did! There are a lot of possibilities 😊
- ❤ If you’re sharing your usual blog content during Blogmas, browse your published posts and drafts! You might get ideas on series you can continue, a post you’ve been meaning to write but kept forgetting about (we’ve all been there lol), and more!
Thanks so much for reading! I really enjoyed writing this post, and I hope it’s inspired you to have fun blogging this holiday season 😍